We have to be aware of the globalization we are immersed in 2018, resulting in the following changes:
- Consumption habits
Being the competition the most aggressive and with constant innovations, every company needs to be prepared.
Nobody is against sales, and at the end of the day we all are looking for an increase in them, therefore a well-planned sales strategy, according to the market needs, can be so effective in achieving sales growth, but on the other hand, if the planning or execution is bad it could lead to a catastrophic result.
In a sales strategy, we define the actions that can help us achieve the growth of our company.
You must determine the market segments that you will attack and will lead you to reach the expected profitability, in the same way, you can position your brand and obtain a competitive advantage in the market.
How to plan a sales and marketing strategy?
When we are planning our sales strategy we must:
- Establish the sales channels, their objectives and directions through we will achieve them
- Establish a budget and allocate enough time to each channel and action that we are going to carry out to achieve our objectives.
- Carry out the actions at the right time and in the right way.
- Make a constant analysis and correction of perceived mistakes in our strategy.
Whether is necessary that our strategy has the previous points, we must understand that there are different strategies depending on the line of our company and the target we are directed to, however, there are certain guidelines strategies that can be efficient and guide you.
Tips to sell effectively
- Innovate: The world and the market are constantly changing, that’s why doing this is so important, and will help us gain an advantage over the competition.
- Join the digital era. Social networks came to change the life of people and the way we interact with the markets. That is why they have become a priority to create a reputation online.
- Look for internationalization. Looking for international markets is a resource that allows us to conduct business transactions and help us carry out a transfer of knowledge and new technologies.
- Focus on the consumer. We have to understand that it’s not just about selling but looking for the loyalty of consumers.
- Have effective communication. The main challenge for companies nowadays is to have an effective communication, it is vitally important to ensure that the message we want to transmit to our target is able to position itself in the mind of the consumer and especially differentiate from the competition.
- Branding. The brand is one of the main tools that will help us to enhance our product in the mind of the consumer and get a differentiation from the competition.
- Staff development. Human capital is one of the main assets of our company, this is why we focus on developing their strengths and training them constantly, so they can help us in a long term.
Which is the right strategy for my company?
To achieve this, we need to identify and be clear about our value proposition. The sales force has to know it well, so they can give specific solutions to the customers’ problems, and make sure the sale is not perceived as an attempt to just sell them something they do not need, but as a real solution.
We know that it can be complicated to determine the strategy that your company needs but having a marketing team will make the choice and election about what is the best option to your company and your target group easier.